Building on this year’s Foresighting Forum, preparations are well underway for next year’s event, to be held on 20 – 21 February 2019 at Aerial Function Centre, UTS. Recognising that data is a critical enabler of choice and shifting power to consumers, our theme for 2019 is:
Take charge: Data powering better energy outcomes for consumers.
- Tickets are now on sale, available here.
- Applications are still open for advocates who would like to apply for supported travel and/or tickets to the event but are closing soon.
- We are delighted with the abstracts we have received and anticipate that we will launch the program in early December.
Some of the early themes to emerge that will be considered at Foresighting Forum 2019 include:
- The implementation and ethics of the Consumer Data Use Right
- New dimensions in policy with the advent of data availability
- Data for consumer protection
- Consumers using data to improve their outcomes
We are thrilled to announce that Michael Murray will provide our international keynote.
Michael Murray is the President of Mission:data, an organisation based in the United States, that he co-founded in 2014. Mission:data is a coalition of 30+ leading energy efficiency and clean energy companies that advocate for third-party access to electric utilities’ smart meter data. It has secured third-party access to 10M smart meters with Green Button Connect. Previously, he co-founded Lucid in 2004, an energy management software company serving commercial building owners. He has over fifteen years of experience with building automation, sub-metering and liberating data from utilities for energy management applications. Michael earned his B.A. in Environmental Studies with highest honours from Oberlin College.
For any general questions about Foresighting Forum 2018, please contact Angela Maguire at email@example.com or +61 414 20 77 55