Working with us
Energy Consumers Australia is the independent, national voice for residential and small business energy consumers. We enable residential and small business energy consumers to have their voices heard by the sector by working with other consumer groups to gather evidence-based research with a national perspective, distil it to key viewpoints, and feed it back to the market to influence outcomes.
We are a talented team with deep experience in consumer research, public policy, regulation and advocacy. Our collegiate work environment attracts people with a passion to dig into complex problems and develop solutions that improve outcomes for Australia’s households and small businesses.
At Energy Consumers Australia you will work closely with consumer advocates, business leaders, regulators and the highest levels of government to help re-shape a transforming energy system.
Current vacancies including full-time, committee and internship positions and can be found below. Questions about the positions can be directed to us by emailing Human Resources.
Current staff details and professional experience can be found on the Our People page. Candidates seeking internships can read our Internship Guideline for information.
This is a new role, created as a result of a review of the ECA Grants Program. The Grants Manager will have responsibility for the Grants Program as a whole, working closely with ECA policy leads to build advocacy projects that will deliver tangible benefits to consumers. Working with the review team, the Grants Manager will roll out the new program, engaging with energy system stakeholders and guiding applicants on new procedures. The Grants Manager will work closely with ECA’s strategy and corporate team to build and implement an impact evaluation framework and take accountability for reporting to ECA senior management, CEO and Board on grant outcomes and impact.
Key Selection Criteria
- You should be passionate about the evolution of the energy industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing grants or research programs, ideally in the energy industry
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills to work with a broad range of organisations, experts and internally with our team and board.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to assess and compare the relative merits of different grant applications.
- Strategic thinker, who can help broker and support partnerships that will build the evidence base and design policy solutions, and will also review projects and processes to see where there’s room for improvement.
- Project management & meeting deadlines.You’ve got excellent project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Advanced written and oral communications capabilities to communicate effectively and build good relationships both internally and externally.
- Driven and autonomous.You’re organised and you’ve got experience in working autonomously on a range of tasks and projects. You’re an all-rounder who takes the initiative and does whatever it takes to get the job done. You also know when to seek guidance when needed.
- Competency of the Microsoft suite of products is essential.
- Experience beneficial but not essential:
- SmartyGrants system experience
- Experience managing at least one staff member
- Tertiary-qualified, you can understand and assess the relative merits of different research methodologies.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Project management including managing the ECA grants program as well as the programs outcomes, progress, risks and quality. You will also be responsible for the use and final system implementation of the SmartGrants software.
- Day to day management of the grants program including finding and assessing opportunities, performance of grants recipients, managing the grants program database, financial aspects of grant payments and reporting internally and externally.
- Stakeholder management and communication to external and internal stakeholders of grants program policy, procedures, priorities, decisions and feedback and guidance applicants and recipients as well as building strong relationships with recipients.
- Analysis and research on how to maximise the impact of grant allocations to support our strategic objectives and making recommendations to the team, CEO and board.
- Managing one staff member who will support the grants program.
Remuneration and Benefits
Energy Consumers Australia is a leading voice for consumers in the energy space. You will be joining an exciting and dynamic organisation that has unique access to all players in the energy markets including federal and state ministers, energy regulators as well as other organisations advocating on behalf of consumers of energy.
The role is offered on the following terms:
- Permanent full time position (1.0 FTE)
- Sydney location preferable – office based location in Sydney CBD (currently working remotely under COVID-19 conditions);
- Annual salary equivalent to $101,500 to $123,000 (contingent on experience), exclusive of superannuation.
Additional Benefits include:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements on request
- A strong work culture which is results and impact orientated but supportive and nimble
- Additional 5 days ECA leave days in addition to statutory annual leave days
ECA promotes diversity – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job.
As part of ECA’s recruitment process, a criminal background check will be conducted.
We request no agency contact please.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter of no more than 250 words outlining your relevant experience in an email to our Hiring Manager HERE, using the subject line: Grants Manager – Via Website.