Building on this year’s Foresighting Forum, preparations are well underway for next year’s event, to be held on 20 – 21 February 2019 at Aerial Function Centre, UTS. Recognising that data is a critical enabler of choice and shifting power to consumers, our theme for 2019 is:
Take charge: Data powering better energy outcomes for consumers.
Given the popularity of our forum and keen interest of the sector to be involved, we are inviting potential speakers to submit an abstract to address Foresighting Forum 2019. The Program Development Committee is keen to hear from energy sector participants, as well as consumer experts from other sectors, such as banking and telecommunications, whose insights would be valuable to the current energy sector.
The Program Development Committee has assisted us in developing a framing for the Forum with an overall theme of trust and confidence. The frame then approaches the issue through four lenses:
- Technical (the energy system)
- Digital (the data system)
These lenses are then applied to three domains; the individual, the organisational and the system as a whole.
More information about the planned program and framing can be accessed here.
This framing indicates our areas of interest, but we are open to receiving abstracts on any topic addressing the Forum theme. Abstracts are to be submitted here, and are due by Friday, 12 October, 2018.
Other points to note:
- Successful authors need to be available to speak on whichever day of the Forum we allocate (that is, available on both 20 & 21 February, 2019 in Sydney)
- It is expected that all successful speakers will register and pay in full to attend the Forum, unless you are a community advocate. If community advocates are seeking supported travel, they will also need to complete an Expression of Interest as part of their abstract submission process, found here
- Submit any abstract with a headshot and bio
- For any general questions about the process, please contact Angela Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 414 20 77 55