The Board Stakeholder Forum provides an opportunity for the Board to meet Tasmanian consumer advocates, Government officials and industry leaders to discuss the interests of households and small businesses in the energy sector.
The theme of Hobart’s 2019 forum was “Putting consumers first – rethinking energy issues and opportunities.” The audience heard insights about communicating in consumer language and basing decisions on consumer preferences. Director of Advocacy and Communications Chris Alexander facilitated a fascinating panel discussion featuring the following participants;
- Phillipa Watson, Research Fellow – University of Tasmania
- Robert Mallett, CEO – Small Business Council of Tasmania
- Grant Russell, COO – Aurora Energy
- Rosalind Herbert, Project Officer for Active Ageing – COTA Tasmania
- Thuy Nguyen, Organiser Voices for Power – Sydney Alliance
Board Member Virginia Hickey opened the session which was followed by framing statements from Chris Alexander and Lynne Gallagher.
Below you will find audio of the entire panel discussion and video content will be loaded on this page as it becomes available.
Audio: Full recording of the facilitated panel session at the Hobart forum
Video: Highlights from the Board Stakeholder Forum