Our submission makes five key points;
- Any discussion of embedded networks must consider small businesses operating under this arrangement.
- All residential and small business embedded networks must be recorded on the AER public register of exemptions.
- An effective compliance and monitoring framework must be developed and implemented.
- Future registrations need to provide clear evidence of ongoing consumer benefit and be approved or denied by the AER through an application process.
- Consumers supplied via embedded networks must receive protections equivalent to on-market customers.