Foresighting Forum 2020 is rapidly approaching and will be held on 19 – 20 February 2020 at Aerial Function Centre, UTS, Sydney.
The theme of this year’s Forum is Take charge – a consumer vision for future energy services. The full program can be accessed here.
The keynote speaker for this year’s forum will be Dr Jeffrey Hardy from Imperial College London. Jeffrey previews his presentation in this video.
The event will also feature a scenario planning exercise where leading minds in the sector will explore four future scenarios for energy in Australia. Scenario planning is a foresight methodology that seeks not to predict the future, but to usefully challenge our assumptions about what’s coming next.
All sessions over the two days are listed below;
- Consumers today and tomorrow
- Leaders’ Plenary Session — The Energy Charter
- Transition Design
- Conversation on new thinking
- The possibilities of tomorrow — heat, light and power in 2050
- Change and Trust — the new energy compact
Full speaker list:
- Rosemary Sinclair AM, Energy Consumers Australia
- Dr Jeffrey Hardy, Grantham Institute, Imperial College London
- Rob Gregory, Maddocks Lawyers
- Andrew Bills, CS Energy
- Gerard Brody, Consumer Action Law Centre
- John Cleland, Essential Energy; Energy Charter CEO Council
- Mark Collette, Energy Australia
- Andrew Richards, Energy Users Association of Australia
- Ben Wilson, Australian Gas Infrastructure Group
- Cameron Tonkinwise, University of Technology Sydney
- Matt Finch, Consultant
- Dr Lachlan Blackhall, Australian National University
- Alison Rowe, Australian Energy Foundation
- Dr Kerry Schott AO, Energy Security Board; Moorebank Intermodal Company; NBN
- Justine Jarvinen, UNSW Energy Institute
- Ben Burge, Belong
- Dr Alex Wonhas, Australian Energy Market Operator
- Cassandra Hogan, KPMG
- Dr Ron Ben-David, Consultant
- Mark Byrne, Total Environment Centre
- Kellie Caught, Australian Council of Social Service
- Craig Chambers, Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- Dean Spaccavento, Reposit Power
- Yolande Strengers, Monash University
- Kerry Latter, CANEGROWERS Mackay
- Thuy Linh Nguyen, Sydney Alliance
- Ross Womersley, South Australian Council of Social Service
- Dr Jelena Dodic, Forethought
- Rachel Edwardes, Forethought
- George Megalogenis, Journalist and Author
Chris Alexander, Director of Advocacy and Communications at Energy Consumers Australia will be leading the Foresighting Forum for 2020 (FF20).
If you would like further information about the forum, please contact Helen Dau via email or on 02 9220 5500.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to interested energy sector stakeholders.