The Board met with consumer advocates, researchers, energy company representatives, regulators, and officials from the Commonwealth and ACT governments for an open discussion priority matters for household and small business energy consumers.
The dialogue was stimulated by four presentations covering the ongoing affordability challenges many consumers are facing now, as well as issues about the transformation of the energy market over the longer-term.
- Delivering energy consumers ‘better’ as the energy system transforms, Rosemary Sinclair AM, CEO, Energy Consumers Australia
- Energy affordability and vulnerability in the ACT Perspective, Susan Helyar, Director, ACT Council of Social Service
- The future of integrated energy services, Dr Bjorn Sturmberg, Research Leader, Battery Storage and Grid Integration Program, Energy Change Institute, Australian National University
- The ACCC Electricity Market Monitoring agenda, Lyn Camilleri, General Manager, Electricity Markets Branch, ACCC.
Audio of the presentations can be listened to below.
- Energy affordability and vulnerability in the ACT Perspective: Susan Helyar
- The future of integrated energy services: Dr Bjorn Sturmberg
- The ACCC Electricity Market Monitoring agenda: Lyn Camilleri
These presentation resources were showcased at our Board’s Stakeholder Forum in Canberra on May 8.